Romantic gifts for a guy – Your shopping golden rule:
Ladies, if you believe it to be cute, romantic and therefore cool, he will not. Simple as that.Sure, your guy will make all the right noises, probably even use the gift because you bought it for him and he loves you, but he will almost definitely NOT truly like that cute romantic gift. Guys heads are just wired differently than womens’. Let me backtrack before I get assaulted in the Comments… cute and romantic gifts are great, when given to someone who will truly appreciate them and grasp the significance. But that someone is probably not your guy. Choosing romantic gifts for a guy is tricky y’see.
Thinking of these? Abort!
Let me give you some examples of the types of romantic gifts for a guy that you may contemplate, but should ultimately just click elsewhere:
1. Photo Jigsaw of you both 2. Interlocking mugs with ‘Him’ and ‘Her’ printed on them. 3. Message-In-A-Bottle with love note inside 4. Smittens – who in their right mind buys interlocking mittens for couples?
No, the focus of your romantic gifts for a guy needs to be : ‘Something that shows him I love him because I am demonstrating an understanding of what he wants, likes and enjoys’, rather than: ‘Something that reminds him I love him because I LOVE YOU is emblazoned across it along with our photos/names and a heart’.
Ok, so what are the best romantic gifts for a guy?
Well first lets look at the types of gifts, then some examples and a few links to check out as part of your research:
- Something that he can wear that looks cool, attracts compliments, therefore reminds him you’re great, and causes him to have to tell everyone – “You like it? Yeah, my girlfriend/wife got it for me, she’s great, I’m lucky to have her…”.
- Examples: Watches, cufflinks, jewelry in line with his bling-ometer – have a stroll around your local department store to see what might suit your guy – careful though – my wife has a habit of buying herself a snazzy “it-was-on-sale!” handbag instead when supposedly shopping for me. Apparently my getting to see her happy with a handbag is a great gift
- Something you can both use to spice things up in the bedroom. Much as we guys like to pretend nowadays that we are complex, deep thinkers, every guy will love this kind of gift.
- Examples: Regardless of where you both are on the bedroom-adventurousness scale, whether it’s massage, game, lingerie or fantasy shenanigans you have in mind – there are some great sites out there like romanticgifts.com – I like it cos it just caters for the average joe/jane who wants to spice things up.
- A treat experience you both can share, but that primarily he will love. It should still be something you feel you can enjoy – no point going to his favourite fish restaurant if you hate fish, or taking him to the World Series if you despise baseball – he will know this and won’t be able to enjoy it as much.
- Examples: think sports, foods, hobbies, destinations. Then adapt to your budget!
- A cute love quote with a twist…. Fiverr.com has all sorts of nutcases willing to write stuff on themselves, sing or say anything in a small video as per your request – get creative! $5 for something he will never forget and will never stop telling people about your sheer creative awesomeness – Score!
Has any of this helped you decide on the best romantic gifts for a guy in your life?
I hope it has – when researching this site I was amazed by the amount of garbagey articles out there on romantic gifts, seemingly written by people who had never met a guy, and even garbagier (new word, copyright DoYouWoo 2011) romantic gifts for a guy that he will supposedly love, all of which just made me think “Meh”. I really think if you work with those main options above for the best romantic gifts for a guy in your life, then you won’t go far wrong.