When I first began on my journey seeking a Russian Bride, I was just in awe at how gorgeous they were AND that they were still available… as I’m sure most Western men feel when they visit these Russian woman sites too. Yes, it was eye candy heaven and I loved every minute of it. They all shared the same typical profile too… “Looking for man my dreams! I cook, clean and shall be the good wife! I want family with the children… where is you, man my dreams?”
Seemed simple enough, as I fit the profile for most of the Russian women on there. And as I searched towards finding the perfect Anna Kournikova clone, thinking of how I would rescue her from the fallout of Communism, poverty and near starvation… she, in return, would think of me as her hero, love me forever and worship the ground I walk upon. All because I sent her an email. Yes, pure poetry to her ears that somebody from the Western world wanted her more than a bottle of Stolichnaya Vodka!
And after 2 years of courtship through emails, I eventually found my perfect match… a petite, sweet, blonde Russian girl named Nadejda. Only 25 years old… old enough to know what love is and still young enough to fall for it! Yes, I am a lucky man and have been very fortunate. But in my quest towards marrying a Russian woman, I have learned the truth that separates MYTH from REALITY. Many Russian bride sites will likely argue with me on many points — but this is because they have to. After all, they need Western men to spend their American dollars, right? But I want to set the record straight. My article is not to tear down the Russian Bride sites, but rather to amuse and entertain you while being truthful… so I will speak the truth based on my experiences.
So what is MYTH and what is REALITY? Well, let’s see, shall we?
1) Myth: All Russian women are just as beautiful as Anna Kournikova. Sorry, but unless you’re Anna Kournikova, the closest you’re ever going to get with her looks is a photo. MOST (and yes, I do mean MOST) Russian girls are a 7 at best, being on a scale from 1-10. I grew up in Chicago, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased… but living here in Russia, I have yet to see the beautiful women as represented within the agency sites. Also, I once heard that Russian women supposedly age more gracefully than American women… yet another myth. Most Russian women over 30 look terrible and are very much overweight. I have met some American men here in Russia and they all laughed because they agreed… Russian women over 30 look like they’re 45.
2) Reality: Russian women are more family oriented. Completely true! Russian cultures are very family oriented, especially the women. My wife talks to her sister and mother daily, and holidays you can expect large family gatherings.
3) Myth: Russian women would do anything to come to America. Completely false. Most Russian women are actually very intimidated of the very thought of leaving their home country. Again, they are very family oriented and while they might be intrigued to live in America (or elsewhere), the vast majority of Russian women don’t care to live that far away from their family… UNLESS you are a millionaire and want to share your money with their family! I mean, hey, we’re all human, right? Heck, I’d gladly sell my brother for a penny — any takers?
4) Reality: Russian women love Western men. This is actually true. Many Russian women are intrigued by foreign men (especially western men) and find it sexy that you’re not from their country. Not to mention, many Russian men drink heavily and are alcoholics, which also plays into why so many Russian women seek relationships abroad. I believe hygene also plays into their decision too — but I can’t be too sure. Perhaps I should ask them why they keep pinching their nose?
5) Myth: Money doesn’t really matter to Russian women. This is only true if you’re wealthy — because only then does it NOT matter. Sorry fellas, but your $30K salary will only be fine to a Russian lady if you reside within a Russia village or Ukraine. Outside of that, these ladies have no desire to trade in their $200 monthly flat just to live with you in your really cool trailer! If you plan on marrying a Russian woman, you had better bring something to the table besides your charming personality.
6) Reality: Russian women are faithful and loyal. This is very true from what I have experienced. Many Russian women are faithful and loyal to the ones they love. They are extremely devoted.
7) Myth: Russian women are too poor and don’t have the internet. I want to clarify this right now… this is NOT true for t